macOS Support Essentials 13 has arrived
We’re now teaching the most up-to-date mac support course: macOS Support Essentials 13 Ventura. If you want to support the newest mac devices, we recommend our latest course.
Get Professionally Certified to Support macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
macOS Support Essentials 10.15 is a three-day course that teaches the skills and certification to support macOS Catalina users.
macOS Support Essentials 10.15 Course Objectives
This course is designed to teach the basic techniques for installing, configuring, and troubleshooting macOS 10.15. Using presentations, demonstrations, group discussion, and hands-on labs, macOS Support Essentials 10.15 teaches:
- How to troubleshoot macOS Catalina with 10.15 tools and resources
- The latest features and functionality of macOS Catalina
macOS Support Essentials 10.15 Topics
Installation and Configuration
Participants learn to update, upgrade, and reinstall macOS Catalina, then set up and configure macOS on an individual Mac. Participants are introduced to the command-line interface and macOS Recovery.
Participants learn to manage user accounts and user home folders. They also learn about macOS security and password management.
File Systems and Storage
Participants learn to manage file systems, storage, encryption, permissions, and file sharing.
Participants use hidden items, shortcuts, file archives, metadata, and Spotlight. They also learn to manage system resources and Time Machine.
Apps and Processes
Participants install, manage, and troubleshoot apps, and manage documents.
Participants manage basic and advanced network settings and troubleshoot network issues.
Participants manage network services, host sharing, and a personal firewall.
Participants manage printers and scanners, then troubleshoot peripherals, startup, and other system issues.
Who Should Take macOS Support Essentials 10.15
- Help desk specialists, technical coordinators, service technicians, and IT professionals who need to support macOS 10.15
- Technical support personnel in businesses that use Macs for general productivity or creative design
- Technical coordinators or power users who manage networks of computers running macOS, such as teachers and technology specialists who manage classroom networks or computer labs
- Resellers, distributors, systems integrators, and consultants who are selling Mac computers
Required Knowledge for the macOS 10.15 Support Course
Please note that although this is an introductory course, a certain amount of prior knowledge will greatly enhance the effectiveness of the course. For example:
- The material assumes you have a basic understanding of macOS skills and terminology
- It’s advisable to have either an IT background or some basic computer troubleshooting knowledge
- Prior attendance of the Getting Started with macOS or Mac Support for Windows Techs courses is ideal
- If you’re in any doubt about your suitability for this course, please call us on (+44) 0203 507 1728
What Our Students Say
Over 12,000 technicians have taken our Apple courses in the UK and abroad. From education to retail, big names to independent repair centres, our Apple courses cater to people of all industries.
Overall student satisfaction rating for 2022
Very helpful in broadening my understanding of the best ways to support Mac devices.
Where’s the Training Centre?
We run classroom courses at 71-73 Carter Lane, London, EC4V 5EQ and Maidstone House, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 6AT. But don’t forget that we also offer trainer-led online training and private onsite training too. If you’ve got several team members to train, it might be more cost-effective for us to come to you.