Specialist training for macOS Support Essentials 12
macOS Support Essentials 12 is the official course for macOS support, taught by our Apple specialist trainers. This three-day course is a top-notch primer for anyone who needs to support, troubleshoot, or optimize macOS Monterey, such as IT professionals, technicians, help desk specialists, and ardent Mac users. You’ll find in-depth, step-by-step instructions on everything from upgrading, updating, reinstalling and configuring macOS Monterey to setting-up network services.
Over three days, this course will cover updated system utilities and new features in macOS Monterey:
- Passwords System Preference
- Live Text
- Voice Control
- User privacy settings
- Notarized apps
- Startup Security Utility
What you’ll learn on macOS 12 Monterey training
This course includes the following content:
- Authoritative explanations of underlying technologies, troubleshooting, system administration, and much more.
- Focused lessons that take you step by step through practical, real-world tasks
- A Digital ebook of macOS Support Essentials 12, the official book for macOS support
After you’ve completed the course, you will be able to:
- Explain how macOS Monterey works
- Explain the best practices for updating, upgrading, reinstalling, configuring, and using macOS Monterey
- Explain macOS Monterey troubleshooting and repair procedures
- Use appropriate tools and techniques in macOS Monterey to diagnose and resolve issues
Take this course in a trainer-led virtual format at 9am-5pm in six time zones: UTC, UTC +1, UTC +3, UTC +4, UTC +12, and UTC -4.
Contents of the macOS 12 (Monterey) support course
The macOS Support Essentials 12 course covers the updated system utilities and new features in macOS 12 (Monterey). See an overview of the topics covered below.
Installation and configuration
Introduction to macOS
Update, upgrade, or reinstall macOS
Set up and configure macOS
Use the Command Line
Manage basic network settings
Manage advanced network settings
Troubleshoot network issues
Manage file systems and storage
Manage permissions and sharing
Use hidden items, shortcuts, and file archives
Apps and processes
Manage and troubleshoot apps
Manage user accounts
Manage user home folders
Manage security and privacy
Manage password changes
Manage system resources
Use metadata, Siri, and Spotlight
Manage Time Machine
Manage network services
Manage host sharing and personal firewall
Manage printer and scanners
Troubleshoot startup and system issues
Who should take macOS Support Essentials 12?
Whether you’re an experienced system administrator or you just want to dig deeper into macOS, you’ll learn to update, upgrade, reinstall, configure, maintain, diagnose, and troubleshoot macOS Monterey.
- Anyone who needs to support, troubleshoot, or optimize macOS Monterey, such as IT professionals, technicians, help desk specialists, and ardent Mac users.
Prerequisites for macOS 12 (Monterey) training
While this is an introductory course, you should have some fundamental knowledge to benefit from it fully. We recommend trainees have:
- A basic familiarity of macOS skills and terminology
- Some basic computer navigation knowledge
If you’re in any doubt about your suitability for this course, please call us on (+44) 0203 507 1728.
Where and when do you want to train?